All interested stakeholders are invited to attend! The Round Table is the forum for reviewing progress on the Kettle River Watershed Management Plan, providing stakeholder feedback on priorities and actions, and sharing information about ongoing watershed issues. The Round Table meets as a special meeting of the Implementation Advisory Group, which will also be launched on June 3.
This meeting is also open to the public; please forward the invitation to key contacts.
The meeting will be held on June 3 from 12:30-4:30 in Grand Forks at the Senior’s Centre in City Park. Please respond by June 1 if you or a representative are able to attend.
- 12:30-1:00 – Light lunch (please RSVP)
- 1:00-1:15 – Welcome and introductions (Roly Russell, Implementation Advisory Group Chair & Grace McGregor, Steering Committee Chair)
- 1:15-1:45 – Overview of Advisory Group & Round Table Roles and Process (Roly Russell)
- 1:45-2:45 – Overview of Phase 3 Implementation – priority strategies, actions, and progress on key initiatives. Phase 3 Work Plan (Graham Watt).
- 2:45-3:00 – Break
- 3:00-3:35 – Bringing Pacific Salmon back to the Upper Columbia (and the lower Kettle) – Michael Zimmer, Biologist – Okanagan Nation Alliance
- 3:35-3:45 – Update on Kettle River Fishing Regulations
- 3:45-4:30 – Round Table Questions & Feedback
- 4:30 – Adjourn
We request that interested members of the former Stakeholder Advisory Group or others put their name forward for consideration for the Implementation Advisory Group to me or to Roly Russell (email@example.com) by the end of day on Monday, May 25. A Terms of Reference has been developed by the Steering Committee for the Advisory Group that identifies its structure and composition; a small number of positions on the committee are available, and the Steering Committee will finalize composition and selection and will contact invited members in advance of the June 3 meeting.